Subject: Why use CGI anyway!!
From: Adam Ives Chrystie <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 1996 19:11:35 -0800

I think it is important to question the public's recent computer cgi 
fettish..why? cuzit helps US understand how society changes and will 
enable us as digital artists to foresee emerging trends and to shape them. 

  Why all of a sudden is it the fad to make the production computer 
animated?? Why not use a differrent style of 2d animation? why not 
claymation? Why does it seem 3d/computer animation is becomming a fad??

Toy Story the first 100% CGI full length film...why CGI?
Now Pixar has another 100% CGI film in the works...

ReBoot 100%CGI program that easily could have been another 2d anime style 
slick cartoon...why 3d for the kiddies???

I hear foundation imaging and fusion films are both making CGI shows 
which seemed like they could have been done traditional 2d??

Isn;t it interesting that this new Digital Cinema is popping up? The 
technology was there before..why now?? Just food fer thought..or thought 
for food ;)

----------------------------------
Adam Chrystie LightWave 3D Animator
Cinema/Video Major, Senior
University Of California at Santa Cruz